What is “Together We Go?
- “Together We Go” is a nonprofit organization, registered in Singapore.
- We strive to build a global network system of support and encouragement while also promoting inclusiveness in the open across the borders.
- PwSN/PWDs often face difficulties when they intend to participate in activities. Some require physical assistance, supervision to ensure their safety in a particular environment while some just need a companion to participate with them during the events or activities. By participating in an event or activity, it ensures the possibility of networking with others and an opportunity for them to socialise as well.
- Our organised activities will include being outdoors, playing sports, setting time aside to make handicraft. visiting Singapore attractions like the Singapore Zoo just to name one, organising a social gathering or simply assisting to accompany someone from point A to point B.
- We truly understand how the PwSN/PwDs are feeling. By seeing things from their point of view, some may be shy of their condition and would rather stay home than to be seen in public with the assumption of being judged by the public. Therefore, we have decided to create this service to promote inclusivity more to encourage more PwSN/PWDs with such assumptions to go out more and socialise with others to get out of their comfort zones.
- Based on our research from the ‘World Health Organization’, it states that “People with disabilities are among the most marginalized groups in the world. People with disabilities have poorer health outcomes, lower education achievements, less economic participation and higher rates of poverty than people without disabilities.Disability is now understood to be a human rights issue. People are disabled by society, not just by their bodies. These barriers can be overcome, if governments, nongovernmental organizations, professionals and people with disabilities and their families work together. The WHO/World Bank World report on disability shows the way forward.”
- This information motivates us to work even harder to ensure that the PwSN/PwDs receive the support that they deserved. We do not wish to cast them aside from society but instead to walk alongside with them back into society.
What is the objective of “Together We Go”?
- Our objective is to help improve the quality of life for PwSN/PWDs (People with Special Needs/Disability including the visually impaired, physically handicapped and mentally challenged) through the participation in sports, such as running, cycling, swimming and other inclusive activities by pairing them up with Guides or Associations.
- “Together We Go” is an online membership platform where PwsN/PwDs, guides and associations can post their respective events. After which PwSN/PwDs and guides can book these events to participate in the activities.
- It is also a platform to support underprivileged PwSN/PwDs so that they are able to participate in activities and to obtain necessary goods such as running shoes or art supplies etc. that could be useful in the interests that they have garnered from donations.
- The platform helps us to pair PwSN/PwDs with Buddies/Guides with an individual or in groups for activities, sports clubs (GoalBall, SoundBall etc.) for team sports, events and performances to participate in.
- Guides are expected to support/assist PwSN/PwDs if they intend to participate in races and competitions. Guides are also encouraged to strengthen their self-esteem and push them to new limits (if they desire).
- In order to achieve our objective, we are encouraging PwSN/PWDs and all those interested to make a difference in the life of PwSN/PwDs to join our platform. The same goes for their family members, caregivers and others who are willing to render their assistance as a volunteer to be a guide for our PwSN/PWDs, a volunteer at one of the many activities organised in the future or to offer a helping hand at one of our participating associations.
Benefits of being a member of “Together We Go”?
Kindly take your time to read HERE.
Roadmap of “Together We Go”
- We intend to include an Online Shop, where it serves as a marketplace for PwSN/PWDs to sell their products and services. This will provide them a platform to a much broader audience. Currently, they depend on family, friends and school to promote their products and services.
- We also intend to provide an online directory of businesses that support inclusivity. This is to encourage our members to patronise these businesses which support and employ PwSN/PwDs.
“Together We Go” is an inclusive employer!
We take huge pride in being an inclusive employer.
“Together We Go” depends on YOU as a donor.
We would like to give a big shoutout to all our donors. You are awesome! No amount is too big or too small. We would not be a step closer to achieving our objectives without you. Thank you so much! We really appreciate it!
Questions about “Together We Go”?
We would love to answer any enquiries that you may have. You can find all the required information to contact us HERE.
Please spread the word about our initiative to individuals who are PwSN/PwDs and to those who are interested to be a Buddy Guide or Volunteer.
We encourage everybody to subscribe to our newsletter, so we can update you about the development of “Together We Go”.
Meet our dedicated Team
Hi, I’m Sabrina
I find solace in listening to music and reading, the genre of books that I normally go for is Crime and Law books. This interests me because I would like to place myself in the perspective of the criminals as well as how they were prosecuted.
In 2018 I was diagnosed with tubercular meningitis and tuberculous pulmonary. I had to undergo an emergency brain operation because after multiple scans, they discovered that there was a pool of water in my brain. Soon after the bacteria “tuberculosis”, went to my bloodstream and infected my spine. Wherever I go now, I have to be on my wheelchair.
Hi, I'm Jakob
I am super excited that you are visiting "Together We Go"!
I started volunteering in 2006; guiding visually impaired runners back in Switzerland. Since I moved to Singapore in 2014, volunteering for PwSN/PwDs is my full-time passion. Supporting PwSN/PwDs since 2006, I realized that there is a big gap for PwSN/PwDs to find support for activities on an individual basis. Therefore, I started “Together We Go”, with the aim of helping to make a positive impact in the PwSN/PwDs community. Last but not least, I would like to thank my wife Lingga, for her encouragement and never ending support. I couldn't have done it without the help of Lingga.