About “Together We Go”
- The World Health Organization (WHO) states that “people with disabilities are among the most marginalised groups in the world. […] People are disabled by society, not just by their bodies. These barriers can be overcome, if governments, nongovernmental organisations, professionals and people with disabilities and their families work together”. Read full article HERE
- Together We Go seeks to be part of this movement to build an inclusive society that supports People with Special Needs/People with Disabilities (PwSN/PwDs).
- We are a growing Social Network, connecting individuals of all abilities with inclusive activities and events.
- A non-profit organisation registered in Singapore, we aim to improve the quality of life of PwSN/PwDs, as well as others within the community. We support anyone who joins our network to participate in sports such as running, cycling and swimming, as well as other inclusive activities such as art, music, handicraft, live performances and visits to various attractions (e.g. Singapore Zoo).
- We achieve this by providing a platform for PwSN/PwDs to post and join events, and share these with our awesome Buddy/Guide members who assist and accompany them. We strive to build a global network of support and encouragement and promote inclusiveness across borders.
How It Works
- There are numerous challenges that PwSN/PWDs face when intending to participate in activities. Some require physical assistance or supervision to ensure their safety, while others seek a friend to join them for events or activities.
- Together We Go is an online membership platform where PwsN/PwDs, Guides and associations can post their respective events. PwSN/PwDs and Guides can then book these events to participate in the activities.
- The platform connects PwSN/PwDs with Buddies/Guides in pairs or in groups for activities, team sports (GoalBall, SoundBall etc.), events and performances.
- Guides are also able to support and assist PwSN/PwDs if they intend to participate in races and competitions.
- We encourage not only PwSN/PWDs but family members, caregivers and others who are willing to render their assistance as a volunteer to join our platform.
- Participating in an event or activity provides opportunities to network, socialise, build self-esteem and pursue hobbies and interests.
Benefits of being a member of “Together We Go”?
Kindly take your time to read HERE.
Roadmap of “Together We Go”
- We intend to include an Online Shop, which serves as a marketplace for PwSN/PWDs to sell their products and services to a broader audience.
- We also intend to provide an online directory of businesses that support inclusivity. This is to encourage our members to patronise these businesses which support and employ PwSN/PwDs.
“Together We Go” is an inclusive employer!
We take huge pride in being an inclusive employer.
“Together We Go” depends on YOU as a donor.
Thank you, to all our donors. You are awesome! No amount is too big or too small. We would not be a step closer to achieving our objectives without you. Thank you so much! We really appreciate it!
Questions about “Together We Go”?
We would love to answer any enquiries that you may have. You can find all the required information to contact us HERE.
Please spread the word about our initiative to individuals who are PwSN/PwDs and to those who are interested to be a Buddy Guide or Volunteer.
We encourage everybody to subscribe to our newsletter HERE, so we can update you about the development of “Together We Go”.